Garden Blooms

garden pictures

What's blooming in our garden today....!

Poor Aubrey. I don't think he knew that when we bought the house, that I'd go NUTS for my garden. The garden was totally abandoned, and we've heard that ages ago, the Grandma that lived here once had a thriving backyard. Sadly, there were no signs of it when we bought, only years of neglect.

So I planted, and planted, and have yet to come up with a game plan for what it will look like in the end, but I've started accumulating plants to fill up our space.

The Annabelles are my favourite flowers ever in gardens, and you may recognize that I have planted a number at the front of the house. They bloom into puffs of green + white flowers. I do wish they'd stay green. The ServiceBerry bush is fantastic - I have three on the property and as of last week the berries on the tree started turning bright red, and I had about 6 Robin birds in my garden sitting in them, eating the berries. Upon Googling, the berries are not only favoured by Robins, but they are quite yummy to eat. And I ate some myself, but decided to leave the rest for my little birdies. The Raspberries were planted last year and gave me one berry all year. I'm excited to see a few developing along the underside of the leaves. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment