Fabric Samples - Tonic Living

A helpful blog commenter told me about Tonic Living, a Toronto based online Fabric store that is selling an Imperial Trellis Fabric. At under $10 a yard, it is a far cry from $120+ a yard for the real thing. Fabric is much different in person, than it appears online, and once placed in a room setting, so making big purchases, I feel, should warrant the cost of sample pieces. I was delighted to see that Tonic Living had an option for buying a sample for $1.00. Whooo-hoo! I just started clicking away. And, little than 2 days later, my samples arrived. They were SUPER quick at sending the samples, and it was a small price (literally) to pay for the comfort of knowing you're getting the right fabric.

shelf 3

These are a few of them. The others (not shown) I saw when I opened the parcel and said to myself..."WHAT was I thinking". I must have been lacking in coffee intake that day. They will go in a bin for craft projects. The Imperial trellis is a very light fabric, which they did note on the website (not suitable for upholstery) but with lining it may be fine for curtains for the Spare Bedroom.

shelf 2

I don't know. I'm not totally loving it, but then again, I don't really have an overall scheme in mind, so it's still up in the air. It may be too busy? It's hard to tell when it's a swatch...even though the swatches from the company are a really generous size.

On another note, Aubrey built me the top shelf for the closet!
shelf

I need to paint it, but I immediately put up the baskets to see how it looked. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment