Plain in store, Perfect in House

We've been without side lamps in our living room for some time. Well, we've actually never had any. And the lack of lamps wasn't because of lack of funds, but instead, because of pure indecisiveness on my part for what I wanted them to be like. I debated pottery lamps, mid century modern lamps, bold, colourful lamps, and nothing was doing it for me. Then, I realized...maybe my lamps weren't where I should be trying to make a statement....afterall, they are an investment, and I'd hate to dislike them, or for them to be out of fashion in a year. Inspired by a lamp in my Dad's library, I decided on a classic, clean look.

After doing online research , we popped over to Yorkdale and went to Pottery Barn, and found these. I will admit, I wasn't jumping for joy when I saw them. They aren't dramatic, nor show stoppers in the store. However, I had a feeling that they would just really work in the room.

005

Because there is always the possibility that they wouldn't have worked, I made sure that we could return them. But they aren't leaving our living room..I adore them! :)

What did I learn from this? That sometimes pieces won't scream at you in a store. But if you have an overall design scheme, they may be the perfect subtle piece to bring a room together. These lamps wont ever go out of style, which is why I didn't have an issue spending a chunk of $ on them. We still have to find a carpet for the room, and we're working on finding bookcases, so the room is slowly, but surely coming together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment