DIY Headboard for Oscar

This side of the room needed something to cozy it up and I was inspired to do a headboard for this little Day Bed we've created. It makes this nook of the room a cozy spot to curl up with a book, and for a place for me to crash some nights.

blog_headboard

blog_headboard2

Mr. Bunny was a purchase made for Oscar from my Mom on his first trip to the toy store.

pillows

Three big 24" pillows are on each side of the bed making it couch like. I had 2 pillows in new fabric made, in a green ticking fabric & a soft baby blue velvet. MacFab here in Toronto did the sewing. The linen pillows were floating around our house (my Mom made them for me)

You can also see the white quilt I bought for the bed from Winners. It's actually a Queen sized quilt with the extra quilting tucked behind the bed. It's nice that it is so big as it's great for curling up with.

Next up, bed skirt in some linen fabric I have. (DIY Instructions to follow)

beforenad
So awesome how a simple headboard project can make a spot feel so much nicer! (Above, Before & After)

0 comments:

Post a Comment