DIY, Felt Leaf Garland


Last Christmas I started a project that I vowed to finish this year - a felt garland to hang in our home for Christmas. I was inspired by Dickens "A Christmas Carol" - Growing up, we'd watch the movie before Christmas and what always stood out for me (what symbolized Christmas) was the beautiful scenes in Nephew Fred's home during the holidays. I have images of green garlands hanging throughout his home - colour, sparking silver, family, carols. It was warm and inviting. (You may have also noticed I've been pinning a lot of Christmas Garlands over on Pinterest)

I decided to make my own - a garland I could pull out year after year. I couldn't find any similar projects or tutorials online so my "how to" tutorial here is really a lot of "I tried this, and I tried that" and there is no formula for the perfect garland. But that's ok, as I think the less you follow instructions on this one, the better it will turn out.

Anyhow ---I'm happy with how the project turned out so here is my how to, on how you can make your own to.



All of the instructions are in that video above, but if you want my "written" word, and details, click to read more after the jump. I don't typically like doing "read more" links but for this particular post I am because it's pretty darn long. 

Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment