Birdie Painting

I was just cleaning up my office/store room and I found this painting I did three or more years ago, and thought that it may work in the nursery. I painted it while we were living in our little apartment.

painting 1

I'm going to wait to see if I'm going with a soft colour pallet or not for the room. (Again, having dillemas as to the design direction of that room). But it was fun to find it. The fact that it was hiding, goes to show you how messy my store room is.

painting 4

I wanted to post it to give you some tips on how I did it, as it's super easy to do if you're looking to do your own artwork. Here are some tips on how I attempted my first painting.

(1) I painted the canvas black, which gives the background some depth

painting 2
(You can see the black, is actually the background of the canvas)

(2) I sketched out what I wanted to do in chalk first. :) Don't like what you've done? Wipe it away and start fresh. That's the beauty of doing the background in black first - it serves as 2 purposes. :) You can kind of see some white chalk lines left over in some of the close up shots.

(3) I left the background showing through around the birds and leaves, creating a border. I've alway just liked borders, and it's an easy way to do it without having to use black.

painting 3

Anyhow, It may end up in the baby room, or it may stay in my office...But I wanted to show you it as it reminded me as to how much fun it was to do it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment