Fabric for throw cushions

First, thank you so much for your sweet comments on the nursery additions. It's great fun for me to show the progress, and even more fun to read the comments. :) So thank you!

Now that the kitchen bench cushion is in, and I adore the colour, we're trying to pick some accent cushions for the back. Unlike what I previously did (one long cushion along the back) I'm going with a number of throw cushions to add some variety.

I happened to see this light blue fabric at Designer Fabrics here in Toronto and fell in love. It reminds me of ferns, and evokes memories of our honeymoon in Costa Rica, where the hotel had the most beautiful fabrics. (We actually took pictures of the linens at the hotel as they were stunning). Unfortunately the blue fabric is not an inexpensive, but if I have the back of the cushion sewn in another (cheaper) fabric, it will bring the cost down significantly.

bench_2_blues

But of course, you have to bring home lots of fabrics to "test" in the house...

bench_all

In the background you'll see the other end of the spectrum - pinks and oranges. I brought home those samples just to make sure that I was totally in love with the blues & greens. And I'm confident that it's the colour direction we'd like. :) I love the look of the blue with the green, and I think we will add in one more fabric (I like things in threes).

I'm hoping to get this crossed off my list before baby comes, but I'm not sure if that will happen!

0 comments:

Post a Comment