Fabric Finds

I picked the third fabric for the throw pillows in the kitchen. So far we have the fern, and a green fabric, and I'm adding in a third pattern, stripes. I went to InVu Drapery today to place an order for a fabric. Picking the third, and last fabric for the bench was the easiest selection out of all of the projects - because I had the sample from over 9 months ago, when I got the sample piece for another project.

pillows
(Left, current pillows, Right - New fabric, Hillsboro Capri Stripe)

InVu lets you take little sample pieces home of fabric to keep. (Unlike Designer Fabrics, where you have to sign out swatches, and return them a few days later) I'm someone that keeps these fabric swatches. Even though you get the swatch home and it may not work for a current project, they may for the future, which is why I always save swatches.

Because a trip to a fabric store isn't complete without inspirational browsing of aisles (thinking of future projects that one could do)...I browsed the aisles and shot some of these photos for visual reminders for myslef.

008
Wouldn't the above be awesome as pillows? Do you think they would be too freaky for a little boys room?

011
Someone, someone, please buy this fabric. It makes my heart go pitter patter.

And this is where my camera conked out and my blackberry came in...because I had to take a picture to remember this gorgeous fabric ...

invu

And to give you a better idea of the pattern (and better colour) here it is...

Richloom Cornwall Garden

Love it. It's better in person.

I'm itching to go back to the store, and very well may in the next few days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment