Bear Chairs Done!

This weekend Aubrey played "Daddy DayCare" and I got to hang out on the front porch and have some zen time on my own staining the Bear Chairs.

bear chair 92)

We chose stain over paint at the recommendation of my Dad and then confirmed by my favourite Benjamin Moore location at Yonge & Lawrence here in Toronto, where they have never steered me wrong. (It was a discussion in our house as to whether we would stain or paint - Aubrey thought I was bonkers when I told him stain could be indeed thick like paint) Beauty to stain - no priming. And you can get the look of paint. :)

068

I chose Inukshuk (CC-460)

060

I raised them off the porch so that I could get underneath the feet. It was important to get all wood, especially the end cuts stained, so that water wouldn't get in and damage the wood.

house3

Love them! We've gotten unsolicited compliments from neighbours walking by, which is nice - as it seems genuinne. We love them!

house4

Chairs from Costco (but similar ones spotted at Canadian Tire yesterday)
Stain from Upper Canada Decorating Centre

0 comments:

Post a Comment