Creating Art, and easy DIY project

One evening last week, I was inspired to get some art onto my blank walls in my office. I knew that I didn't want something grand with a lot of colour and a lot going on, (I don't like a lot of visual clutter) but instead light and modern. I started to play around with some designs and came up with this...

office 3

They aren't actually our personal silouhettes but instead, very "formal" profiles of a man and a woman. I chose to make Aubrey and I in jewel tones, to add some punches of colour to the office.
I designed the poster to be 27x39", the perfect size to fit into Ikeas biggest frame available. If you're making your own art, get your printer to print it/quote you at 27x39" as this frame from Ikea is super affordable.

Office_1

So now it hangs above my couch (that still needs some fluff added to it) in my studio. The office is slowly, slowly coming together. :) I still need something above my monitor, and soon, that inspiration will hit.

So, a much as I talk about wanting to buy art for our home, I'm also a big fan of making my own. For a small cost of hiring an outside printer to print my silouhette poster, it was an economical experiment. :)

Here are some links to some stock silouhettes for your own DIY Home Project. Here and Here.

-------------------
Disclaimer: I wish I could take credit for the silouhette profile images, however all that I contributed to this poster was making the heads whacky colours, putting them together, and deciding to make it a poster. The silouhettes were stock images that I found a long time ago. (they have been saved on my computer for some time)

What you can do is go somewhere like
iStockPhoto.com and buy silouhettes and make your own personal poster, I've posted some links above to some particular options that seem fitting. Or, you can do the traditional method, and make one based on your own face/profile. Design*Sponge did a nice tutorial on this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment