Sourcing Fabric, let's try this one again

Today I went back down Designer Fabrics with my helpful sidekick, Mom.

Although my first fabric shopping trip to Designer Fabrics wasn't a success, (and resulted in a tantrum on fabrics here) it did help me know what didn't work in the room. A necessary process when you have a blank slate.

Today's trip was more successful, and here are some of the samples we brought back...

fabric

I really love the green stripe fabric - and get this. It's outdoor fabric! Outdoor? Well...baby - spit - drool - outdoor fabric is supposed to be friendly to the "elements" so why not to baby! ;) Plus, they had awesome weight to them.

I liked the green stripe fabric in the store because it reminded me of this room that I quite liked...

6270ea706f08

One of the few rooms that I truly adored because didn't scream "child's room". It's nice to have a picture to refrence, as it gives you a little confidence in what you're choosing isn't nutty. My room won't be so dark (I'm not repainting that silly room for a 10th time) but it's the day bed I'm focusing on...We're going to do a bunch of huge pillows on our day bed, and this is exactly what I was thinking of.

So I think we found a pallet that works. Maybe not all of those fabrics, but some of them are definite.

Remember that floral fabric that sent me into a frenzy?

fabric 2

I bought a yard. I just really, really loved it. I don't know what I'll use it for, or when I will, but it was the most beautiful fabric and I would have kicked myself if I had tried to get it later, to find out if it had been discontinued. It will go into safe storage until one day, I have a use for it.
------------------
Torontonians, here is a link to a great post from StyleNorth on fabric hunting in Toronto, posted back in July.

0 comments:

Post a Comment