Trip to Ottawa

Aubrey and I snuck off to Ottawa to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary. Here is a little collection of photographs! :)

ottawa 7
We stayed at the Chateau Laurier. Ohhh, it was so beautiful.

ottawa 1
When we got to our room, we found this nice treat!

ottawa 2
We went to the Museum of Civilization, one of my favourite museums. Aubrey and I visited the museum together as teenagers when we took a road trip with our friend Ben so it seemed fitting to revisit it!

ottawa 4
I hadnt been back to the Museum for awhile, and the Totem Poles and Art by the Haida were especially interesting to me this time around, as I studied Haida literature with an amazing professor, Professor Sean Kane when I was at Trent University.

ottawa 3

There was a part of the museum that showed wood crafting and how they stored wood. We joked that this was the original Home Depot. (And of course, I took tons of pictures as we giggled at our association to the home renos going on)

ottawa 5
ottawa 6

We visited the William Lyon Mackenzie King Estate that is in the Gateneau Hills in Quebec. It was rainy, and muggy, but the gardens were inspirational. We learnt a little about him, on top of what we already knew (10th Prime Minister of Canada) and googled more on him on the drive back to the hotel.

ottawa 8

ottawa 9
The drive home was spectacular. The colours on the trees were stunning, and reminded me of why I love our country so much.

And there you have it! We are back, and fully energized for the next round of projects! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment