Filling up the house with art...

I'm going to post some past things we added to the house as I realize that my family may not have read (or be reading) my business blogs where I sometimes post about fun finds.

056

As an artist, I dream of filling my home with work of artists that inspire me. However, walk into a gallery, and it is sometimes discouraging when you look at the cost of pieces. If you're just starting out with an art collection (like me) I recommend you look in perhaps unlikely places to find up and coming, and even well established artists. I adore http://www.etsy.com/ where Artists directly sell to the public. There is something wonderful about buying straight from the artist - it gives me a sense of connection to the piece, knowing it's background and who made it.

A piece of art/sculpture that I ordered arrived, all the way from Marburg, Germany, where the artist Valerie Buess, who runs the etsy shop goodliving.etsy.com creates porcelain sculptures. The one I ordered was called "Flying guardian angel 2". And here she sits in my living room, so delicate, and a definite conversation piece. I've been staring at her ever since she arrived, amazed at the delicate detailing that Valerie did. I encourage you to visit Etsy, where you may find an artist that jumps out at you.

Lindsay

0 comments:

Post a Comment