Picking trim

002

Aubrey and I went to 4 different stores in search of the perfect trim for the basement. You think we're nuts? Let me expain...

My dillema was this - A large decorative moulding with lots of curves and dents was going to be style-wise, TOO decorative. Something with a lot of curves - let's say something "traditional" wasn't going to work as it would also have a lot of shadows on the moulding because of the overhead pot lights.

Finally, our last stop - Lowes - had the perfect trim. (See picture). It has style, but itsn't too decorative - and the way that the trim is cut, there is NO shadows being created. :)

I'm painting the trim as much as possible prior to it being installed. I propped them up on some paint cans.

And that, our dear readers, is what we did this weekend. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment