Etsy Pillows

I'm always in awe of people who take the plunge and go for bold colour schemes in rooms. I , on the other hand, always air on the side of neutrals for the bigger pieces in a room, like linens and whites, because as creativity hits I like to be able to modify looks with different colours and accents.

I think that it is just the stage of where I'm at in my life, I'm not totally decided on what our look is. So I air on the side of caution with fabrics for big items. I try to avoid trendy fabrics for major pieces, as I know my style - I'll want to change it up.

I've always said to Aubrey that it's cheaper to get new toss cushions, than it is to repaint and reupholster. And on that note, I was browsing Etsy and came acrosss some sellers that are awesome at making those statement pillows that would make a room super awesomely trendy, without breaking the bank. (Ok, except #3 below which is outta my budget)

Untitled-3

(1) 16 x 16 inch Yellow and White Lattice Print Pillow Cover by colorandscheme, $21.50
(2) 16 x 16 inch Serafina Floral Print Pillow Cover by colorandscheme, $24.50 18" Pair, Imperial (3) Trellis Cushions - Treillage by plumcushion $250.00
(4) Depolis for Chiang Mai Dragon Cushion, Aqua by plumcushion (sold)
(5) Designer Pillow Cover- Imperial Java Trellis-12X18 inch lumbar by nenavon $25.00

And then there are these beauties from helkatdesign on Etsy. As a Canadian I adore the #1, but as part British, I'm drawn to the Union Jack ones.

flags
(1) Appliqued red and ivory Canadian flag cushion by helkatdesign, $54.00
(2) Handprinted unionjack flag cushion in Norfolk blue by helkatdesign, $42.00
(3) Handprinted soft green, muted blue union jack cushion by helkatdesign $42.00
(4) Vintage style union jack cushion by helkatdesign $42.00

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment