Nursery Makeover - Crib & Dresser

Our Jenny Lind crib that we ordered from Dear-Born Baby arrived. Last Friday, my Mom and I drove up to the store to go pick it up. Last night, Aubrey started to build the crib....

nursery_1

Before I forget, we also picked up a mattress for the crib at the same time...

mattress

I ended up getting the Health Assure Mattress from Dear-Born. It has an unbleached organic cotton cover. It's extra firm on one side (for babies, as pediatricians recommend a firm mattress to prevent SIDS) but you can flip it for the toddler years as it's made from "soothing muscle relaxing Memory Viscose Foam". Man, this baby has a better mattress than I do.

First step....figuring out the pieces.

nursery_2
Mak the Cat was interested in the process.

nursery_3
All the activity started her going....

nursery_4
And she started doing "sillies".

Last night, we also finished the dresser...

dresser
Before

nursery_5
After (Ok, I still need to fix that missing decorative trim at the bottom left)

nursery_6

I repainted the top in white, because, well, that is what we had stock of in the basement, and I replaced the old knobs with new glass knobs from Lee Valley. I also took a bar of soap to the joints of the drawers to help them open and close better. Super easy + does the trick. :)

And here is the current state of the room. It is obviously a work in progress, but it is nice to have some major pieces in the room.

nursery_7

0 comments:

Post a Comment