Nursery Additions....

Wow. Two posts in one day. Hold onto your horses people.

I'm just cleaning up the blog a bit and unfortunately in my "cleaning up" I deleted all of my links to other blogs. (Banging head on desk) So if you used to be on my blog roll and you see that you've dissapeared, please take no offense. It's just the dim-wit over here that pressed "delete". Ugh.

So, an update on the room that is getting the most attention these days. The Nursery.

We finally hung the mobile that we purchased from Pottery Barn Kids. We hung the mobile off center, so that a piece of art, or photographs could go on this wall above the day bed. I haven't figured out exactly what will go there, but something will come to me. I sat under the mobile for a good 1/2 an hour yesterday after Aubrey hung it, and it was just calming to me. I'm looking forward to nestling into the bed with our little one and reading stories under the solar system. ;)

nursery_march

Here is an attempt at a room shot for you, giving you an idea of what we see when we walk into the bedroom.

nursery_march 2
Excuse the baby clothes that I've been accumulating that is sitting in the crib. We've taped out the size of a glider for this room. I'm still debating a glider...(more on that in an upcoming post) But for now the tape is staying there as a visual reminder to how much space one will take up.


We got a change pad to go on top of our vintage dresser we found.

nursery_march 3

You'd think I planned it that we bought a dresser that would perfectly fit a change top, but sadly, I wasn't that organized. It was a fluke. I'm pretty confident that baby will be changed in more than this spot (floor, bed, basement) depending on where I am, so the little investment on the change pad that I bought, if it goes un-used, I'm won't be upset.

So the only things I really have to tackle in this room are...

nursery_mock up
(ABOVE: Potential glider model we will get)

(1) Glider - do we want one? Will it be too large in this room?
(2) Ohhh, How I really, really want a Giraffe!
(3) Artwork for Walls
(4) Drapery --- Hmmm...not sure about this one yet.
(5) Closet Organizational System....And lastly...
(5) Baby. We need this wee one to come out so they can make the room complete. :)

PS., Please don't laugh at the Giraffe. It's one of those nutty obsessions I have for the nursery!

0 comments:

Post a Comment